Do you know or remember WeWork Creator Awards? (we wrote about it and joinned some events last year)
The Creator Awards is a major global initiative established by WeWork to recognize and reward the creators of the world – across all industries and all stages of growth – by committing funding to entrepreneurs, small businesses, growing companies, nonprofits, performing artists, and more. In addition to the financial awards, WeWork brings
the Creator Awards to life through a series of Regional Semi-Final events where communities come together for interactive forums to support passion, innovation, and impact.
The German/ Berlin Creator Awards will take place on November 15 at Arena Berlin. Application deadline is September 28.
How It Works?
Any individuals or organizations interested can apply online at creatorawards.wework.com.
Selected finalists are invited to present at one of eight 2018 Regional Semi-Final events in Mexico City, Shanghai, San Francisco, Jerusalem, São Paulo, London, Berlin, and Nashville.
The funding is available to creators in three categories with the intention of offering an opportunity to as many different types of creators as possible. Categories are:
● The Performing Arts Award: for entertainers and groups with a unique point of view ($18k – $72k USD)
● The Nonprofit Award: for charitable organizations big and small ($72k – $130k USD)
● The Business Venture Award: for entrepreneurs and companies with fresh ideas ($130k – $360k USD)
Performing artists, nonprofit organizations, and benefit corporations receive funding in the form of a grant, while for-profit companies receive funding in the form of a SAFE investment.
Regional Semi-Final Events
The Creator Awards include a series of Regional Semi-Final events with programs and pitches followed by a ceremony and celebration.
● Prior to the big final event, Nonprofit and Business Venture Award finalists will pitch at WeWork locations in front of a panel of judges. During the award ceremony, finalists will pitch live on stage for a chance to win big.
● The Performing Arts Award finalists will be selected through a panel of internal judges prior to the Creator Awards event; the finalists will be a part of interstitial performances throughout the show.
● At the Creator Awards, guests can shop for one-of-a-kind goods at the pop-up market, see who’s hiring at the job fair, or listen as business trailblazers, creative geniuses, and social influencers share stories at master classes.
● Once winners are announced, the evening rounds out with an after party filled with live music, entertainment, and celebration.
WeWork members and non-members; individuals and organizations; for-profits and nonprofits at any stage are eligible to apply for the Creator Awards. You do not need to be a WeWork member to apply, but everyone who does apply will receive a free one-year We Membership as our way of saying “welcome.”
The Award Process
● Finalists for the Nonprofit and Business Venture Awards will be selected from online entries and invited to present at a Regional Semi-Final event.
● Finalists in the Performing Arts Award category will be selected from an internal judging process and are invited to perform at their Creator Awards Regional Semi-Final event.
The Global Finals
The Creator Awards Global Finals will take place in early 2019 in New York City. Select winners from each Regional Semi-Final event will present a second time for additional funding followed by an evening of celebration on a grand scale.
For more information, event details, and applications: creatorawards.wework.com.
Creator Awards by the Numbers
● Since March 2017, WeWork has hosted 10 regional Creator Awards events across the globe, including Washington D.C., Detroit, Austin, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, New York City, Mexico City, Shanghai, and San Francisco, plus one Global Finals event in New York City in early January 2018.
● To date, WeWork has given away more than $17 million in Creator Awards funding to 187 winners
● Between full-time, part-time, and freelance gigs, more than 534 jobs have been created at the businesses that have won Creator Awards funding.
● In total, the Creator Awards has had 23,000+ attendees (both WeWork members and non-members) at these ten events.
● In total, WeWork has received over 10,000 Creator Awards applications from creators in cities all over the world.
● In total, there have been over 280 local participants who have taken part in the Job Fair aspect of the Creator Awards events.
● In total, there have been over 300 local vendor participants who have taken part in the Creator Market aspect of the Creator Awards events.