The European Commission in partnership with Deloitte, European Young Innovators Forum and HUB Institute launches the Europioneers 2014 competition to reward the best European Web Entrepreneurs of the Year as part of its StartUp Europe activities.
Today the European Commission, with Deloitte, European Young Innovators Forum and HUB Institute, are launching the second edition of the Europioneers Awards, a competition to reward the best European Web Entrepreneurs and their successful initiatives, as part of the EC StartUp Europe activities framework for web entrepreneurship. The Europe’s web entrepreneur Award is a unique opportunity to obtain European visibility and a strong legitimacy in the digital business ecosystem.
The 2013 winners were Alexander Ljung & Eric Wahlforss of Soundcloud, European Entrepreneurs of the year, and Jon Reynolds of SwiftKey as Young Entrepreneur of the year. This year the EC has added two categories: high-Growth web entrepreneur and Female Web Entrepreneur Awards.
- European Web Entrepreneur of the Year Award : Those eligible as per the European Commission “Web Entrepreneur”: Web entrepreneurs who create new digital services and products that use the web and mobile as an indispensable component. Main services and/or products are innovative in the EU region. The company should be based in one of the EU member states, and at least 50% of founders should be citizens or permanent residents of the EU member states.
- Young European Web Entrepreneur of the Year – Youth Award
- Web Entrepreneur must be < 30 years old
- Company must not be a spin-off of an existing company
- A scalable business model
- Company should demonstrate a promising track-record of early achievements
- High Growth Web Entrepreneur of the Year – Gazelle Award
- Company should be not be more than 3 years old
- Initial size of minimum 19 employees at start of reference period
- Average yearly growth of 20% over a period of 3 years – growth can be in terms of revenue and or employees
- Female Web Entrepreneur of the Year
- Executive chair should be female woman
- At least 50% of the founders of the company should be women
- May 6th : Launching the contest & the web site @ The Next Berlin – Berlin
- June 30th : Closing public application process
- July 1st – September 19th : Public voting
- September 24th : Short list announcement of top 5 per category
@ Unconvention – Brussels
- September 24th – October 24th : Public voting
- November 3rd : Award Ceremony @ The Summit – Dublin
Winners will be elected 30% from the public and 70 % from the jury who will include digital personalities, successful web entrepreneurs, investors & business angels, industry leaders, institutional representatives.
Since 2013, the Europioneers competition has rewarded European Web Entrepreneurs. Over 1 200 nominations and 5600 votes involving 27 European countries have been registered for the first 2013 edition. The objectives of the award are to identify and recognise successful European web initiatives to promote the role web entrepreneurs play in European society and to encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
Tel : +33 6 12 23 58 60
AKTUELLE NEWS AUS DER GRÜNDERSZENE DES RHEIN-MAIN-GEBIETS?
Schenke uns Dein „like“ / „gefällt mir“ bei facebook, abonniere unseren RSS-Feed und nutze die Sharing-Funktionen unter unseren Beiträgen. Du kannst auch einen Gastbeitrag schreiben oder Informationen über Dein Startup einreichen.
VERANSTALTUNGSHINWEIS: Tools4AgileTeams Konferenz in Wiesbaden