My client is a company of technical and financial entrepreneurs who wish to bring simpler, more effective ways to facilitate commerce between the world’s biggest companies and the thousands of suppliers who support them.
Home Depot, Hallmark, John Deere, Pfizer, Johnson Controls and even Coca Cola Bottling are among a growing list of
companies who have joined the Taulia journey.
They are based in San Francisco, CA, with offices in other cities in US, England, and Germany.
Despite the company’s youth, we have serious customers paying serious money for a state of the art set of products.
Engineers who wish to work on products destined to positively alter the world economy, read on.
Do you love to build engineering teams? Are you a natural leader with a team of talented developers always excited to work with you on project after project?
My client is looking for a hands-on engineering leader who can manage what will be a rapidly growing remote development team.
While company’s HQ will be in San Francisco, our development team will be wherever you want it to be… You’re in charge.
Here is how it will work.
1. We’ll hire you
2. You’ll hire the people you know to build a fully functional development team – product management, engineering, QA, office manager, etc.
3. You’ll have whatever budget you require to outfit the office and your team with the best equipment available – from couches to 27 inch monitors.
At this company Engineering Directors are a blend of detail management, team empowerment and inspiration as well as handson development and architecture work.
You’ll collaborate closely with company’s CTO, other engineering team leads as well as the product and professional services teams to build the next generation of company solutions and to ensure an infrastructure that maintains pace with the company’s wild growth.
My client’s employees are autonomous, talented, inspirational women and men who take seriously both their individual effort as well as their contributions to the overall success and spirit of the team.
Holding a leadership and management position at this organization means fostering those traits in employees, creating and maintaining infrastructure for the teams and individuals to thrive and increase productivity – while building our services at lightning speed and attracting more talent to join us as we grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspire, manage and foster a team of enormously skilled engineers.
• Systematically leverage Agile and Scrum development principles to set priorities and deliver superior quality product iterations.
• Maintain our start-up spirit of working fast, working smart and delivering high quality to delight our customers (internal and external).
• Advise on programming. We are always improving and changing our codebase written in Groovy and Java using tools like Gradle, Spring, Jersey, Grails and more…
• Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud.
• You have a hunger and understanding for how to make teams and individuals better through your contributions.
• Experience building software that’s successfully used within large, scalable, complex systems.
• Demonstrable success working within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load.
• You strive for improving process and automation, relentlessly seeking how ways to do things better – continuous integration, automated testing & deployment and TDD are all old hat to you.
• Multiple experiences forming a team of fantastic talent FROM YOUR OWN NETWORK. We’re not interested in a lengthy recruiting effort to bring together strangers to form a team.
You have a team you trust and you’re bringing them to the company to work for you.
• A minimum of 2+ years as an engineering manager for a startup company, leading a minimum of 10 engineers.
• 6+ years of experience working as an individual contributor in a high-velocity professional software engineering team.
• Prior experience successfully recruiting/hiring high quality talent and quickly coaching new hires to become productive.
Nice to Have:
• You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Java, Cassandra, MySQL, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Grails, EC2 and more.
• Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
• Experience building products that connect to on-premise ERP deployments (e.g. SAP, Oracle).
How to Apply
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. The role requires someone fluent both in “tech-speak” and in English. Write whatever you like, but we’d prefer it if you could explain why you are excited to join our startup, what motivates you and/or about an achievement for which you are particularly proud.
This organization is a rapidly growing SF-based start-up with fantastic job benefits, tier one investors and an entertaining yet fantastically competent culture. The company is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven (and humorous) entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our journey.
Marta Seoane Mayer Grupo Norconsulting firstname.lastname@example.org +442082896244
Weitere interessante Beiträge:
- Startup-Jobs – Stellenausschreibungen aus der Gründerszene in FrankfurtRheinMain
AKTUELLE NEWS AUS DER GRÜNDERSZENE DES RHEIN-MAIN-GEBIETS?
Schenke uns Dein „like“ / „gefällt mir“ bei facebook, abonniere unseren RSS-Feed und nutze die Sharing-Funktionen unter unseren Beiträgen. Du kannst auch einen Gastbeitrag schreiben oder Informationen über Dein Startup einreichen.
VERANSTALTUNGSHINWEIS: Tools4AgileTeams Konferenz in Wiesbaden